Email Personalization: New Dynamics to WOO Subscribers
Being recognized by someone you least expect is a great feeling. The same goes for Email Personalization. Getting a personalized email directly addressing you, does create a conversation and makes you feel as if you’re talking to a person on a one-to-one level.
As per a recent study from Experian, Personalized emails have 29 percent higher open rates and 41 percent higher click rates than emails without any personalization.
Personalized emails with dynamic and engaging content can help boost open and click rates. Apparently, 4 out of 10 emails are marked as spam because they are irrelevant according to the subscribers needs. To make your emails more effective, you need to use effective personalization.
A successful, modern day marketing campaign must be tailored according to the needs, demographics and profiles of their prospects. Personalizing with related items can have a big payoff in the long run.
Here are three mystical stages the monks have sorted for you that can make the perfect email with a strong marketing personalization performance:
COLLECTING DATA & SEGMENTING LIST
Collecting data about the subscriber is a must when it comes to creating an email campaign. Data that helps you connect with the subscriber on a more personal level is great. But before this, make sure to collect the email address of the subscriber upon their visit.
- Preferences related to products (from the database)
- Transactional data:
- First purchase.
- Amount spent.
- Last purchase.
- Past purchase (if any).
- Cart abandonment.
- Email open and clicks.
Once this is done, it’s going to be easier for you to segment your list and aim towards ‘personalized targeting’.
Having personalized data can be of great help. According to a study, 96% of organizations believe that email personalization can improve the email marketing performance.
• Have Personalized Content
This is a great way to break the ice and create a level of comfort with the subscriber. This also shows that you ‘care’ enough to remember their correct name and what they like/prefer. Having exclusive content is a catch for leads as most subscribers are looking to be treated like a VIP. With personalized content your brand does exactly that. You can also have attractive pictures within the email that direct towards the CTA.
Offers, Discounts & Vouchers
Providing special offers and discounts within a personalized email attracts leads and helps boost sales. Having exclusive offers/discounts/vouchers with an expiration date will create an urgency for the subscriber and this will in turn increase sales. Providing special offers for regular customers and first-time shoppers can also help increase visits.
Shooting relevant emails to subscribers related to their past purchased products or products in their abandoned shopping carts with the right color, size, pattern and quantity can increase chances of return and sales.
Once your personalization is sorted you can move on to automation.
Automated emails are a boon for email marketers. Automation is the key to send emails automatically to specific subscribers as they meet your trigger and sending criteria. Most marketers prefer automated email as it saves time and keeps the subscriber/customer engaged.
- Personalized emails have 29 percent higher open rates and 41 percent higher click rates than emails without any personalization.
- 4 out of 10 emails are marked as spam because they are irrelevant according to the subscribers needs.
- Personalizing with related items can have a big payoff in the long run.
- Collecting data about the subscriber is a must when it comes to creating an email campaign.
- 96% of organizations believe that email personalization can improve the email marketing performance.
- Have personalized content.
- Providing special offers and discounts within a personalized email attracts leads and helps boost sales.
- Give product preference.
- Most marketers prefer automated email as it saves time and keeps the subscriber/customer engaged.