Top 75 Holiday Email Subject Lines to Boost Open Rate (Updated)
Updated: December 01, 2019
A crowded email inbox – isn’t that commonplace? This is the reason why many emails go unnoticed and remain unread in your inbox! Considering that the possibility of emails being opened are rather low, marketers are always looking for a magical mantra that will help reach their target audience. So what is that ‘open sesame’ password to charm your subscribers into opening your email in the competitive email market? Voila! Your email subject lines!
Convince & Convert found out that 35% of email recipients open email based on subject line alone and this can play a critical role during the holiday season. You have just about 5 seconds before your subscriber decides to open or delete your email. Let your email subject lines cast a magic spell over your subscriber, who is compelled to open your email, thus increasing your email open rates.
Be it Halloween, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday or Christmas and New Year, these inspirational holiday email subject lines and templates used by popular brands will guide you in the right direction.
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Halloween 2019
Halloween is all about creating spooky vibes with pumpkins, zombies, and all things scary. Brands not only incorporate these elements in their email copy and design but also in their subject lines. Take a look at some Halloween-ish subject lines to get inspired.
1. Put Some Boo in Your Next Book Order (Chronicle Books)
2. Win our Halloween treats | Beware of these bewitching accessories… (Accessorize)
3. Fang-tastic Halloween savings – 4 days only (Petsmart)
4. Don’t ghost home alone (Uber)
6. Save Up to 30% on Your Favorite Halloween Beverages! (BevMo)
7. It’s Halloween Time (Cartoon Network)
8. Better than candy (Bliss spa)
9.We’re so pump(kin)ed about this
10. Bucketfeet – Have a Gourd Time on Halloween
11. Double double toil and trouble
12. Happy Halloween! Get a spooktacular deal!
13. Witch fab deal will you choose today?
14. All treats, no tricks
15. Zombie apocalypse: who do you save? The one with the gift card.
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Thanksgiving 2019
Spending time with the family and expressing gratitude are synonymous with Thanksgiving Day. It is one of the Holidays that records the highest spending every year. Email marketers, of course, know this fact and try to make the most of their campaigns by tapping on the right pulse of the customers. We have shared some subject lines that can help you get the maximum open rate for your emails and subsequently enhance your conversion rate. Take a look.
16. Tips and Ideas for a Stylish and Stress-free Thanksgiving (Bed Bath & Beyond)
17. Everything You Need for the Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner (Calphalon)
19. Happy Thanksgiving! Shop Black Friday online now! (Macy’s)
20. Wines That Go With Turkey (And All The Sides)- (expressions of the vine)
22. 1-day wonder 20% OFF everything! (Anthropologie)
24. Sneak Peak Deals! Save room for Thanksgiving
25. Thanksgiving got you stressed not anymore
26. Best thanksgiving ever it all starts here
27. No need to thank us for these exclusive deals.
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Black Friday 2019
If you want to drive maximum sales on Black Friday, you ought to have outstanding emails that would cut through the noise and make the customer open and click-through. Get inspired with some great Black Friday subject lines for the big shopping day, thereby driving higher conversion rate.
28. Black Friday Savings without the Big Crowds! (LeapFrog)
29. Exclusive Black Friday sneak peek. Save up to 30% off. (Crate&Barrel)
30. Don’t wait ’til tomorrow! Take up to 50% off our most popular inventions right now (Quirky)
31. Your Boss Is Shopping Today Too (Madewell)
32. Black Friday DEALS! 1000s of Items at Amazing Prices. (INDIGO)
33. Black Friday – 40% off everything! (Canvas Pop)
34. Mystery Sale – How Much Will You Save (Forever 21)
35. Black Friday weekend Banger
36. It’s black Fri-YAY! 30-50% OFF everything from your fave brand 24/11
-DAY 1 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | 25% OFF SLEEPWEAR
– DAY 2 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | Activewear: Buy One, Get One FREE!
– DAY 3 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | All Gowns Now $20
– DAY 4 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | $5 Undies
– DAY 5 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | SAVE 30% On Activewear
– Where the party at?
This is the perfect example of how you should be sending your Black Friday emails. Instead of working on one-holiday email why not send serious of emails with crisp subject lines. The following example shows how it should be done.
37. Black Friday- last chance for massive vape savings
38. Fear of Missing Black Friday. The time is now.
39. It’s now or never!
40. Waiting in line for these amazing prices on canoe paddles would be quite an oar deal!
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Cyber Monday 2019
Cyber Monday broke the online sales record with $7.9 billion in revenue in 2018. To make sure that you get maximum customers on this maddening shopping day, email marketing is the best option. Take a look at some effective Cyber Monday subject line examples for the big day.
41. CYBER MONDAY PATCH MADNESS!! 30% OFF OUR ENTIRE PATCH SHOP! (American Sheepdog)
42. It’s Cyber Monday All Week! (DELL)
43. Pet parent, only a few hours left to enjoy 25% off sitewide! SHOP NOW! (PETCO)
44. Exclusive Black Friday / Cyber Monday Super-Sale Deals! (GoCoffeeGo)
45. Cyber Monday Savings! Free Shipping PLUS Up to 25% Off (Disney Store)
46. Cyber Monday Sale! Save 25% Today Only! (Tucker and Bloom Bags)
47. EXTENDED! 50%. Off. Everything. (Julep)
49. Take a break from cyber Monday have some taco-bell
50. Score! It’s Cyber Monday: Mystery deal revealed!
51. Cyber Monday excitements enclosed
52. Break the internet with Cyber Monday
53. Enjoy the most beautiful Cyber Monday gift of the year
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Christmas and New Year 2019
Christmas and New Year are the two most important occasions during the Holiday Season. In 2018, U.S. households spent $1536 on an average during the Christmas holidays. It is interesting that 19% Americans spend their money during the holiday season on completely unplanned purchases. Therefore, email marketers must invest in email marketing to get maximum customers. Take a look at some subject lines that can amp up your open rate.
54. A sale to escape the winter weather! (JetBlue Airways)
55. Are Your Holiday Cards in the Mail Yet? Get 60% Off! (VerticalResponse)
56. Family from Far + Wide, We’ve got the makings of your cozy Christmas morning (Terrain)
57. We’re feeling very merry. Get 50% off your order. (Shutterfly)
58. Our surprise offer is WRAPPING up! (BANANA REPUBLIC)
59. Making Christmas merrier since 1707 (FORTNUM & MASON)
60. You can still get it in time for Christmas.
61. Free month of unlimited brand design.
62. Dog people give the best gifts.
63. H&M Home- A stylish holiday at home
64. Merry Crustmas! Surprise your family with a pizza dinner!
(Note: For pizza)
65. Going on now..the very Merry sale!
66. Last-minute Gifts, Santa-Approved
67. Disney Style – Heigh-Ho! Heigh-Ho! It’s Off to Saks Fifth Avenue We Go!
68. Phrasee – Brace your elves
– It’s time for some Santa Banter!
69. Sloth Santa’s silly season sale.
70. Uniqlo – The turkey’s all done — let’s shop
– Santa, can you hear me?
– Let’s catch up before Santa gets here!
– Resolve to look good
71. Get your New Year’s resolution off to a new start.
72. New Year new me, blah blah sale is going quick.
73. Your wish list is about to grow.
74. Urban Outfitters – holiday stress level: zero
– new year, new neutrals
75. Welcome the New Year with bigger and better deals
Writing a subject line is an art. If you wish to make your holiday email marketing plan a success, jot down a really impressive subject line to increase email open rate; try these tips.