Infographic: Email Opt-ins – Convert your visitors to subscribers like a pro!
EmailMonks team up with GetResponse – World’s easiest email marketing system to come up with this brilliant piece of infographic about Email Opt-ins. GetResponse offers email creator, autoresponders, 24/7 support, and many other powerful tools. Visit GetResponse to Know more about it.
The infographic covers email opt-in best practices, form types, opt-in don’ts and more.
Why is the time now for brands to better their opt-in workflow?
- Total website traffic increases along with number of websites.
- 1% delay in website’s page load time leads to a 7% decrease in conversions.
- 60% of traffic comes from mobiles or tablets which means having great conversion mechanism for on the go recipients is vital.
That being said, opt-in forms are the best way to capture visitor information and in turn use big data to nurture and convert these leads.
OK, now you know which opt-in forms to use. Just remember to do it the right way. Here are some practices you should avoid:
- Too many mandatory fields hampering the UX
Capturing information is good, but a lot of information makes visitors skeptical about how it will be utilized. Above all, it also hampers the UX. Limit the form to a few fields and use surveys to find out the rest, after they’ve already signed up!
- No adherence to the law like privacy links, address, and other related information
In your preference center or sign-up forms it is always advisable to provide information which is required by law. Even the best marketers forget to provide this information, enabling users to choose between opting-in and skipping.
- Animation overdose or animation that hampers action
A little animation always prompts users to actually browse the fields and accomplish the desired action, but overdoing it might distract the user leading to exiting the form.
- Improper sizing for on-the-go subscribers
It is recommended that your opt-in form is designed keeping with mobile visitors in mind. Proper sizing leads to a great user experience.
Here’s the glimpse of our infographic:
To check the detailed infographic, click here.
Additionally, we also have opt-in cheatsheet. To download, visit the download page.